The Life-Planning Workbook is a tool to help you live your life by choice instead of chance. It can help you take stock of where you are as a function of where you've been, decide where you want to go, and make specific plans to get there. The process is simple, but powerful. It has one primary aim—to empower you to go from where you are to where you want to be.
Your long-term goals may remain fairly constant, but you can be sure that circumstances will emerge that will cause you to alter your plans. The life-planning process prepares you to deal effectively with the constant change that comes to all of us. It includes a set of time-tested tools that you can use to stay on track and to change course when needed.
It doesn't tell you what to do; rather, it taps into your inner wisdom and helps you organize what you've learned, what you value and what you want to do with the rest of your life.
It will enable you to:
- make everyday decisions with greater ease because you have a clear picture of what's important in your life.
- improve your relationships because you can present yourself to others in a more authentic way.
- revel in the rediscovery of parts of yourself that you thought were lost.
- feel a sense of excitement in a new awareness that you are not a finished product—that you can still learn and grow in directions of your own choosing
- begin each day with renewed energy and confidence that comes from knowing who you are and where you're going.
Parts 1 and 2 are specifically designed to help you get a deep understanding of:
- how you came to be the way you are and
- what matters most to you
Parts 3 and 4 help you:
- decide what you want to do now and
- make realistic plans to live the life you choose
In sum, the life-planning process will put you firmly in the driver's seat. It will challenge you to live fully—to reach for your dreams. Where you go is up to you.